Corsairs3D is a riveting single player game that puts you into a pirate’s shoes. Your ship sails around an island, defended by brave guards, with the goal being, to collect as many coins as possible. But watch out: The defense tour’s cannons are pointing your way. If you do not change course quickly enough, your ship might sink. Continue reading Corsairs3D
The digit span test is a way of measuring the storage capacity of a person’s working memory: A testperson is visually or auditorily exposed to a sequence of digits one after the other. Right afterwards, the test subject has to recall the correct digits in the same order. Most people manage to recap around seven digits. I have written an online tool that lets the user determine their digit span test score. It is available at the website tools.timodenk.com/digit-span-test. Continue reading Digit Span Test (Online Tool)
This post summarises what I’ve been coding during the last week. That’s two new web tools for my Online-Tools webpage called Typing Speed and Point Set Creator, and in addition to that a mobile-first Poker Hands website. Continue reading Typing Speed, Point Set Creator, and Poker Hands
This is a selection of entries from the Wikipedia article Glossary of poker terms.
- bet The opening bet of a betting round.
- fold To discard one’s hand and forfeit interest in the current pot.
- walk A walk is a situation where all players fold to the big blind.
- laydown The choice to fold a strong hand in anticipation of superior opposition
- raise To raise is to increase the size of an existing bet in the same betting round.
- reraise, coming over the top Raise after one has been raised.
backraise A reraise from a player that previously called in the same betting round.
- check-raise Deceptive play whereby a player initially checks with the intention of raising should another player bet.
- check To bet nothing.
- call To match a bet or raise.
- overcall To call a bet after others have called.
- hero call Calling when a player has a relatively weak hand but suspects their opponent may be bluffing.
- cold call To call an amount that represents a sum of bets or raises by more than one player.
- flat call, smooth call A call, in a situation where one might be expected to raise.
- all in When a player bets all of their chips in the current hand.
- coin flip A situation where two players have invested all their money in the pot and have a roughly even chance of winning.
- heads up Playing against a single opponent.