Our “Smart Poker Table” detects the players’ cards as well as the community cards. It computes the winning probabilities for each player, according to the rules of Texas Hold’em, and renders them onto a screen. Continue reading Smart Poker Table
Corsairs3D is a riveting single player game that puts you into a pirate’s shoes. Your ship sails around an island, defended by brave guards, with the goal being, to collect as many coins as possible. But watch out: The defense tour’s cannons are pointing your way. If you do not change course quickly enough, your ship might sink. Continue reading Corsairs3D
The digit span test is a way of measuring the storage capacity of a person’s working memory: A testperson is visually or auditorily exposed to a sequence of digits one after the other. Right afterwards, the test subject has to recall the correct digits in the same order. Most people manage to recap around seven digits. I have written an online tool that lets the user determine their digit span test score. It is available at the website tools.timodenk.com/digit-span-test. Continue reading Digit Span Test (Online Tool)
This post summarises what I’ve been coding during the last week. That’s two new web tools for my Online-Tools webpage called Typing Speed and Point Set Creator, and in addition to that a mobile-first Poker Hands website. Continue reading Typing Speed, Point Set Creator, and Poker Hands
This is a selection of entries from the Wikipedia article Glossary of poker terms.
- bet The opening bet of a betting round.
- fold To discard one’s hand and forfeit interest in the current pot.
- walk A walk is a situation where all players fold to the big blind.
- laydown The choice to fold a strong hand in anticipation of superior opposition
- raise To raise is to increase the size of an existing bet in the same betting round.
- reraise, coming over the top Raise after one has been raised.
backraise A reraise from a player that previously called in the same betting round.
- check-raise Deceptive play whereby a player initially checks with the intention of raising should another player bet.
- check To bet nothing.
- call To match a bet or raise.
- overcall To call a bet after others have called.
- hero call Calling when a player has a relatively weak hand but suspects their opponent may be bluffing.
- cold call To call an amount that represents a sum of bets or raises by more than one player.
- flat call, smooth call A call, in a situation where one might be expected to raise.
- all in When a player bets all of their chips in the current hand.
- coin flip A situation where two players have invested all their money in the pot and have a roughly even chance of winning.
- heads up Playing against a single opponent.